yeah, if you could watch Office Space, that'd be great

Monday, November 17, 2014

Office Space



I decided to post about this film as it seems nobody I ever mention it to have ever heard about it and that it is real shame. It's one of my favourite films, I rewatch it every few months.

Office Space is a 1999 American comedy film written and directed by Mike Judge. Satirizing work life in a typical mid-to-late-1990s software company, it focuses on a handful of individuals fed up with their jobs and stars Ron LivingstonJennifer AnistonGary ColeDavid HermanAjay Naidu, and Diedrich Bader. source


Office Space is a great satire of the office culture that echos the absurdities of the world we live in. It's an older film and I'm not usually into old films, but this is a must see. I work in an office and it's startling how true this film is.It isn't essential to have worked in an office to enjoy this film, but based on my experience you perceive it rather differently before & after having worked in the office. It was a tad funnier before it became my life. Lets not fool ourselves, modern  9-5 work is rather dreadful and this probably explains why it resonates with people who have suffered bureaucratic bullshit and arbitrary rules at some point in their working lives. 

My favourite bits: Bill Lumbergh, the soundtrack and the printer scene



Favourite Quotes:

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.


Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.

Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.


Bob Porter: We're gonna be getting rid of these people here... First, Mr. Samir Naga... Naga... Naga... Not gonna work here anymore, anyway.


Bill Lumbergh: Hello Peter, whats happening? Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9 that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, kay. We ahh lost some people this week and ah, we sorta need to play catch up.


Michael Bolton: Peter, you're in deep shit. You were supposed to come in on Saturday. What were you doing?

Peter Gibbons: Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be.


You Might Also Like

0 comments