My Long Weekend

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

DSC_6088

Hope you all had a lovely  Easter weekend. I had visitors from Germany- my parents. They've only been here once, when I graduated from university which now seems to be ages ago- 5 years in July. Eeasyjet have made this trip difficult by cancelling Gatwick-Düsseldorf route for some reason. Now I won't be able to visit as often as getting to Heathrow is not as easy and it wouldn't be as cheap but I digress.

First day they arrived we had a perfect spring day, lots of sunshine, hardly any breeze. We went for a walk on the Downs. I was surprised there was hardly any wind up there either, it just doesn't happen very often even on the nicest days. There were a lot of people, not a surprise considering it was a bank holiday.

DSC_6090
DSC_6088DSC_6095

DSC_6097


We walked over 8k. Not too bad, not too bad at all.  We ended up in Willingdon, such a nice neighbourhood. I would love to live in a place like that.
DSC_6104

Saturday weather was a complete opposite, cloudy and with cold winds. Not that it surprises me at all! We did some shopping and had lunch. My parents wanted to have fish&chips again, you can't get anything like that in Germany. We ended the day with nice Lithuanian food and dyeing Easter eggs


DSC_6132

Sunday showed how ridiculous British weather can be.We left with sun shining but it soon disappeared behind clouds and I was glad I had my scarf on. We walked along the seafront and then suddenly had to find shelter as it started pouring. We went to a small cafe and ordered tea. That's then the sun came back and it was all lovely again.

Lots of food eaten but then lots of walking done too. I have so much chocolate in my house and I couldn't resist by some discounted Easter chocolate. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments