Project 52- week 12

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I always take a book on any trips as there is always a lot of waiting around and I don't want to waste my time like that. On my trip to Lithuania this Monday, I brought with me Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

 After years of hearing people refer to Brave New World, often compared to 1984, which I love, I decided to read it myself and find out just what all the commotion was about. I liked this book but I felt a tiny bit disappointed. Although the book brings up questions regarding totalitarianism,and freedom of thought, there is hardly any plot and is used as a vehicle to describe the world and the philosophy of the new society and it was hard to relate to the characters, however it still absolutely worth reading.

You Might Also Like

0 comments