Friday, January 27, 2012

After having watched nothing but Sherlock for the past few weeks, we tried to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S, 5 minutes later we changed it to unaired Sherlock pilot... :))

Watched Third Star because of Benedict. Maybe I shouldn't have, it's too sad and I'm not really in the mood for sad films, I still haven't recovered from Reichenbach fall episode.




 I also finished Van Gogh: painted with words. Even though I'm not really into Van Gogh,I found it rather interesting.  Every word spoken by the actors in this film is sourced from the letters that Van Gogh sent to his younger brother Theo, and of those around him.

 The performance by Ben was brilliant, although I thought he was too handsome to portray Van Gogh, even with that ugly beard.
Next I'm going to watch Stuart: Life Backwards, Hawking, The Last Enemy, Amazing Grace. etc. All starring Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. I previously wrote, that I'm going to watch everything he has been in. Does this qualify me for the cumberbitch status? :)) oh you should see my tumblr...
I think I am really annoying person to watch films/tv shows with. I mock them, I comment everything. I also can't help but question the motivations and behaviour of characters which is quite often totally irrational. I hate when one character gets angry on another character for not apparent or ridiculous reason, quite often showing women to be absolute pain in the ass. The screenwriters are trying to make a conflict but can't be bothered to find a good basis for it.
I hate it when something what's supposed to be realistic, it totally isn't.
I hate when they use cliches, especially I hate "the speach". If you have seen any Hollywood film,especially if it's a romcom, you should know what I am talking about. It's when at the end of the film, one of the main characters gives a supposedly moving speach, saying I'm sorry, it was all my fault or/and I really love you, in most occasions in front of a huge crowd of people ( because it doesn't count otherwise, you know). In these moments I feel like throwing a brick to the screen, although it's not its fault.
The other thing is, I tend to guess a lot of things that are going to happen in a film. Really a lot. It's not the most difficult thing in the world, but my BF finds hugely annoying, sometimes he thinks I just pretend to have not seen the film, and actually know the plot. I don't. I just guess, sometimes I even surprise myself how much I can predict.


I like films with happy endings. But by that I mean main characters surviving. What I find rather rather disappointing when watching a film is when you realise that the girl will end up with that guy in the first 5 minutes.


Also, a lot of films are based on books. and I have read quite a few books... So I'd be watching a film based on a book that I've read and I'd be commenting how they omitted an important,I'd  be totally annoyed that they  totally change a character (for instance Rebecca in Bridget Jones), I realise some things have to be changed and stuff to make  it work on film but still, in most cases it's just an attempt to make it more digestible for the mass audience.

A film that is based on a book really works for me is really the trilogy, Lord of the Rings, it's indeed spectacular. Or maybe it's because I don't really remember what was in the books because I read them  when I was 10-12 year old.

I can't waaaaaait for the Hobbit. For many reasons... I actually haven't read the Hobbit, because at the time I was into the LOTR, that book hasn't been translated into my native language yet. I still have time until the film  comes out.





You Might Also Like

0 comments