I am Sherlocked

Saturday, January 14, 2012



Finally watched the first two episodes of Sherlock 2nd series. Saying I enjoyed it would be understatement. It was absolutely brilliant, especially the first episode, Scandal in Belgravia. I am now totally Sherlocked.

It's complicated, it's funny, it's brilliant. The soundtrack, cinematography, the casting, oh just about everything is brilliant.  



                                               

The power play between Sherlock and Irene is certainly my favourite part




my favourite scene.ever. if anyone has the full scene, give me a link






Sherlock Holmes: Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side.
Irene Adler: Sentiment? What are you talking about?
Sherlock Holmes: You.
Irene Adler: Oh dear God. Look at the poor man. You don’t actually think I was interested in you? Why? Because you’re the great Sherlock Holmes, the clever detective in the funny hat?
Sherlock Holmes: No...[Takes her hand and leans in to whisper] because I took your pulse. Elevated. Your pupils dilated. I imagine John Watson thinks love’s a mystery to me, but the chemistry is incredibly simple and very destructive. When we first met, you told me that a disguise is always a self portrait, how true of you, the combination to your safe – your measurements. [Holds up her phone] But this, this is far more intimate. This is your heart, and you should never let it rule your head. [He starts entering digits] You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn’t resist it, could you? I’ve always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
[She grabs his hand, desperate. Tears are starting to form]
Irene Adler: Everything I said. It’s not real. I was just playing the game.
Sherlock Holmes: I know. And this is just losing.
[He holds up her phone, having finally deduced her password. It reads I AM S-H-E-R LOCKED]



The star of the show is obviously Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. I don't think I have ever been mesmerised with anyone's acting before, he's absolutely brilliant. Every time he launches into incredibly fast deductions it takes my breath away. Also, somehow he managed to make this character so likeable despite him really being socio-path and annoyingly smart. Sherlock made my list “tv/film characters that I wish were real people”, joining Chandler Bing, Miranda and Sheldon Cooper.


Last episode of the series tomorrow. Why only 3 episodes, seriously? OK, they are very long, but it's still not enough. Afterwards, I'll just rewatch the first series and admire the brilliant mind of Sherlock.



P.S. The world would be a better place to live if all reality shows were replaced by quality shows like Sherlock.

follow me

UPDATE

I noticed that lots of traffic to my blog are generated by people googling Benedict. Dear Cumberfans, I just wanted to let you know that the best source for Benny's pictures is tumblr. Try it, his tag is endless http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/benedict-cumberbatch

You Might Also Like

0 comments