Sherlock, BBC series

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yesterday I found a gem on BBC. oh yes, Sherlock Holmes series. I've never bothered to watch it before, I thought it's same old Sherlock Holmes. But it's not! It's  contemporary remake of A.C. Doyle classic, very funny and thrilling. Unlike other adaptations, Sherlock here is ,well,  quite young. The character is also very quirky, a bit aspergerish (which reminds me Sheldon from the Big Bang  Theory heh) and very, very smart. I do not think they could have found better actor for the role of Sherlock than Benedict Cumberbatch. Martin Freeman plays Dr Watson. Good fit as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode, too bad I have not watched when it first aired- last year!

Some quotes from the first episode:


Sherlock: Brilliant! Yes! Ah, four serial suicides and now a note. Oh, it's Christmas. 


Sherlock: Possible suicides. Four of them. There's no point sitting at home when there's finally something fun going on.
Mrs. Hudson: Look at you, all happy. It's not decent.
Sherlock: Who cares about decent? The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on! 



Sherlock: Dear God, what is it like in your tiny little brains? It must be so boring




Watson: I just met a friend of yours.
Sherlock: A friend?
Watson: An enemy.
Sherlock: Oh. Which one?
Watson: Your archenemy, according to him. Do people have archenemies?
Sherlock: Did he offer you money to spy on me?
Watson: Yes.
Sherlock: Did you take it?
Watson: No.
Sherlock: Pity, we could have split the fee. Think it through next time.





Sgt. Sally Donovan: Are these human eyes?
Sherlock: Put them back!
Sgt. Sally Donovan: They were in the microwave.
Sherlock: It's an experiment.



Sherlock: Anderson, don't talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street. 


Watson: You were going to take that damn pill, weren't you?
Sherlock: Of course I wasn't. Biding my time. Knew you'd turn up.
Watson: No you didn't. That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Sherlock: Why would I do that?
Watson: Because you're an idiot. 



Of course, it's not that funny taken out of context, so better watch it if you haven't already

You Might Also Like

0 comments