Eastbourne Pier fire

Sunday, August 03, 2014

I still find it hard to believe it.  My colleague send me a picture of a pier burning without any comment, I couldn't believe it. I thought it can't be Eastbourne pier, can it? I showed it to others in the office, we went straight to the window and could see the smoke in the distance. After work, I went straight to the seafront to see it myself.  Huge crowds of people, which in Eastbourne is quite rare with the exception of Airbourne. 

I sat on the beach and watch it burning for half an hour. It's just mesmerizing. I feel for all the people who lost their livelihood because of this, it seems some business didn't have insurance. But it wasn't in the best condition and I'm more than certain they will rebuild it and it will be better than ever before. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments