What I've been reading

Monday, July 28, 2014

I needed a book to read on the beach during my sunbathing session, so I grabbed Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl. I started reading it a while ago and never finished for some reason. I managed to read it all during the one sunbathing session.  When I was little, I was kind of obsessed with France. I'm not sure why, but it might have something to do with all the Alexandre Dumas and Jules Verne books that I read. or maybe the obsession came first, who knows! 

Entre Nous is about the essence of French living or more specifically observations about French women from an American point of view. It is a lighweight chick non-fiction, so if you have low tolerance for these, stay away from this book. I can handle a bit of chick lit so I enjoyed it. 

It mainly discusses differences in clothing, shopping, eating and relationships. It is quite fun to read even though you could say it is over glorifying the concept of French girl and relies on stereotypes. It's full of suggestions on books and films and some interesting quotes. I would really like to watch the films mentioned, I quite like French films, even though I'm not so keen on reading the subtitles!  Overall, I'd say give it a go, especially if you're interested in French culture but don't take it to seriously!




You Might Also Like

0 comments